Every year 40 million tourists visit Las Vegas in search of world-class entertainment. The city has much to offer visitors eager to enjoy international artist shows, world-class restaurants, luxury hotels and, of course, the adrenaline of the casinos.
Las Vegas hotels are the epicenter of the game. In the area known as the Strip are the most spectacular casinos: Caesars Palace, The Excalibur Hotel and Casino, The Stratosphere, the MGM, Mirage, The Luxor, Circus Circus and Mandalay Bay , among others.
- The first thing to keep in mind when visiting a casino is that the minimum age for entry is 21 years. It is not necessary to carry a passport, but some identification from the country of origin proves the age of majority. It is also advisable, in case of paying in cash, to bring money in the local currency, since it is not advisable to change it at the casino, due to the high commissions that they charge for currency exchange.
- Those who want to try their luck in the casinos but do not have a comfortable budget, should know that the minimum bets in the casinos in the southern part of Las Vegas Boulevard are higher than in those located in the Center or the periphery of the city. The same happens with the value of lodging in hotels on the Strip, vs those found in the North part of Las Vegas Boulevard. It is important to know that, in general, Las Vegas hotels are more expensive during the weekends and much cheaper from Monday to Thursday, due to the greater influx of tourists during the weekends.
- Before betting in any casino, the first thing to do is draw the Player Card. To obtain it, you only need to go to the casino reception and complete a form. The Player Card has no cost, and allows you to obtain benefits each time you play, being registered all bets. These range from gift souvenirs, to free dinners, to discounted nights of accommodation and, depending on the amount of bets made, to free airfare to Las Vegas.
- Dice, roulette, blackjack, pocker, slot machines, the choice of the machine or table where we will put our chips depends on the knowledge we have of the rules of each game, and the personality of the player. The more sociable players will go for the pocker or blackjack, the thrill seekers will go to a craps table or roulette. And the more conservative or shy will spend a few dollars on the slot machines.
- All casinos have free parking available for their visitors for rent a car, and valet parking service. Even inside the hotels we will see how while we wait to play or during the game, the girls will come with drinks and snacks at no cost.
- It is very important when playing in the casino to set a limit on what we want to spend. Everything in the casino is made to keep us playing. The ceilings are low to create more privacy, to go to the rooms or the restaurant you necessarily have to go through the casino, there are no clocks or windows in order to lose track of time, the lights, the intense noise of the slot machines and even the aromas, everything is thought to generate the level of adrenaline necessary so that our bets do not stop. That is why it is useful to always keep in mind that our passage through the casino will not make us millionaires. If we are clear that we are there to enjoy the experience and have fun, we can go quietly in our rental car, knowing that we beat the casino.